To start, open Outlook (2003).
1. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Distribution List.
2. In the Distribution List window, type a name in the Name box. For this demonstration, I used Tennis Club.
3. Click Select Members.
4. In the Show Names from the list, click the address book that contains the email addresses you want in your distribution list.
5. In the Type name or select from list box, type a name you want to include. In the list below, select the name, and then click Members. Do this for each person you want to add to the distribution list, and then click OK.
If you want to add a longer description of the distribution list, click the Notes tab, and then type the text.
7. When you want to use the distribution list with a new email, click on the To... button and select contacts, find your distribution list name (Tennis Club) and select it.
If you want to check the members of the Tennis Club, click on the + sign in front of the name of the distribution list to expand the list.
Once you have expanded your distribution list, Outlook replaces the list with its members and does not allow you to collapse it again.