Have you ever wanted to change a column of data into a row in Excel?
Here's how you do it:
1. Open the spreadsheet you need to change.
2. Click the first cell of your data range such as D1 (Third Quarter in figure 1).
3. Shift-click the last cell of the range. Your selection should highlight.
4. Right click and select Copy from the right-click context menu (figure 1). Or go to the Edit menu and select Copy.
5. Click on the Cell you want to paste the range of data. We will use A7.
6. Right click cell A7. From the Right-click context menu, select Paste Special... (figure 2).
7. The Paste Special dialog should appear (figure 3).
8. Click the checkbox for Transpose.
9. ..Click OK.
10. Your data from D1:D5 is now displayed in Row(A7:E7) (figure 4).
You can go from columns to rows, or rows to columns using the same procedure.